Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Monday, November 1, 2010

A praise for the Lord's favor

A story that I had written some years ago has been published in the November issue of  an online publication. The story is entitled, Scene of the Crime, and the publication is called Now What? Check it out. The link is http://nowwhat.cog7.org/.

Morgan Hahn's story reminds me of the marvel of forgiveness, and the healing balm that it provides. When I recall the trauma caused by the senseless murder of Morgan's wife and son, I can't help but wonder how I would have handled such an injustice --  and the unbearable emotion pain that he endured. When I was interviewing Morgan, crying with him, no -- sobbing with him --  as I probed for the horrid details. He had agreed to allow me to write his story because, as he said, Lana (his murdered wife) would want it done. Taking Morgan back into the painful feelings of that tragic night tore him up -- and yet it proved to be the start of the healing process in his life.

I've seen Morgan several times since I've done his story. The Lord has blessed his life, and the greatest victory has been his grace to forgive. Could I have done that? Could you? Read his story. Click on the link above, or you can find it on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! It's been a long time since I read a real tear jerker. You sure know how to speak to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx, mamat. Yes, this one passed the "tear test" even for me!

    ReplyDelete