Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I've been told that I'm not wrapped too tight

. . . but I'm glad. In my class, I've been considering the account of the raising of Lazarus. When Jesus approached the tomb, He wept -- and then commanded, "Lazarus, come forth!" We know the rest of the story. By the power of God, Lazarus came out of that tomb -- all bound up. Now, that in itself was a miracle. How on earth did he manage to get up and walk out with all those wrappings? Don't know. Don't much care. The fact that matters is that he came out of that tomb alive. Jesus then instructed, "Unwrap him and let him go." Yep. I'm not wrapped too tight -- in fact, I'm glad to be completely unwrapped. Freedom! Many of God's people are all bound up, not living in the freedom that has been purchased at Calvary, and fully realized at another empty tomb. Jesus is risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment