Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Giants in the land, part 2

I've learned that my greatest enemy is within. In part 1, I shared with you that Impatience is one of my foes. There is another culprit that shows up when I least expect it. Its name is Indecision. This rascal even tries to change my mind when it is decided. Of all the nerve! After it took me forever to decide in the first place. Indecision will have me change outfits on a Sunday morning, agonize over the choice of an item on the grocery shelf, ponder whether to go to the gym or peck the 'puter keys -- you've got the picture. Now, it's not wrong to consider options, but this giant of Indecision pops up when it really is not necessary. I'm praying, Lord, help me to allow your mind to function within me. I know my time will be better spent and therefor my days more productive for the kingdom of God.

I believe part of the secret to slaying the giant(s) within, is to name it, and then apply the Word of God to it. I've found that the sword of the Spirit will cut it off when I use it. I must confess that most of the time I don't realize that Indecision has slipped in. So perhaps I first need to pray for the Holy Spirit to signal me at the first sign of a quandry over a choice.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment