Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Let It Snow?

Oh no! They are getting record breaking snow in California, and it is headed east. Remember last winter? Even that was a tip of the iceberg compared to the blizzard we had - let's see -- I think it was in 1994 or thereabouts. I lived elsewhere then. It seemed that I spent as much time on my roof as I did on the ground. Talk about leaks. When the melting came, my house became an indoor water rink. It was indeed interesting as my furniture got moved around like checkers on a board to avoid the drips. The bottom line? Please, Lord, don't let us become another California scenario.
Last year, I shoveled paths for the dogs to plow through. When the wind blew, the paths became tunnels! I kid you not. The top of each path blew shut, but the bottom remained open. I couldn't have done that had I tried. My neighbors thought I was a very clever snow-crafter. The tunnels were more creative than their snow men. This winter I'd rather settle for a simple "dusting" that my broom could handle.
How about you?

1 comment:

  1. The thought of record-breaking snow makes me shudder. While my neighbor takes care of my sidewalks, I have to dig out my car and my Mom's car.

    I'm not a white Christmas fan, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete