Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Monday, October 4, 2010

Watching Over Us



Walking with Jesus keeps us in the center of the Father's attention, Today I watched the Equestrian Games on TV. I'm always so moved by the mutual tie between horse and rider. The same thing happens to me when I observe the dog guides that I spoke of previously. I visited Tina and Nola yesterday at The Seeing Eye, and as I tried to capture the interactions between them, I was moved to tears.

 Again today, I choked up at the sight of the incredible performances of the horses. As one handsome horse after another jumped the hurdles, responding to the cues of its rider, I was touched.

Yet this time something different transpired in my spirit beyond a mere emotional reaction. My eyes filling with tears, I said, "Father, why do I react this way?"

I seemed to hear my heavenly Father whisper, "That is how I feel when I'm watching you."

I witnessed a few of the horses stumble, slip, or not quite make the jump. But the trainer never failed to pat its side, to give assurance, and to finish the course. What a spiritual lesson this gave me.

With renewed assurance, I felt His eyes on me. My heavenly Father watches over me. May I please His heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment