Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I Know She Didn't Mean It

Or did she? When I arrived home from the flu shot ordeal yesterday, I was greeted by the two barking Bichons as usual. Not so usual was the ripped venetian blind on the front window. I knew it was Daisy. She's the rascal who tries to attack the cats through the window from the back of the couch.

"Daisy, what did you do?" I demanded (Well, what did it look like, Dummy?)

"It wasn't my fault," she seemed to impudently bark.

"What am I going to do with you?" I sighed.

"Just stay home or take me with you," her cute little face pleaded.

I got out the roll of scotch tape and taped the broken slats together. Then I moved the couch farther away from the window. I wonder if it will do any good? If not, there's always an adoption agency. Nah. What would Mitzi do?

2 comments:

  1. Not long after Daisy arrived at Dawn's house she was a dervish of destruction whenever she was left alone. We came back from exhausting shopping to find the house had been trashed. Literally. Stuff had been dragged out of smaller cans and shredded across the house. Topping it all were bright pink heaps of shredded yarn from an afghan Dawn was making. Both the yarn and the afghan had been destroyed.

    In her book on Bichon's Dawn had read they will act out in this manner when left alone to make it known they are "NOT HAPPY".

    Dawn's response? She looked at Daisy, looked at the mess and this cocky look of satisfaction crossed her face as she said:

    "She suits me!"

    It was perfect :)

    I'll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's more important to me than the blind. This wasn't an act of devilish destruction. She was after the cats. I know she watches for them. They come to my mulch to poop. I should have pulled the blinds up. She doesn't usually bother anything. I think she outgrew much of that behavior that Dawn saw. (I say that by faith -- positive confession!)

    ReplyDelete