Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Friday, January 28, 2011

My mix is all talked up!

My fame is spreading far and wide. Not exactly the kind of fame I want. I'm known for twisting words around. When this happens to me, I usually don't realize it for a few seconds -- and then it hits. I'll never live down some of these tongue twisters. Like the time I said "Wayne and Blendy" for Blain and Wendy. I've yet to live that one down.

Yesterday I did it again. At the end of a telephone conversation, I said, "Well, I'm going to go out and snovel show" now. There was dead silence on the other end of the phone, and I thought, something didn't sound right . . ." It hit the both of us at once, and we howled with laughter.

Yep, I've been snoveling show ever since. How talked up can your mix get?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny -

    I did a lot of that 'snoveling show" the last couple of days. :)

    Mom and I laugh a lot at some of our fractured phrases. As long as they don't find their way into my writing, I'm happy.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been snoveling on and off ever since, Susan. Between that and examiner.com, I've neglected my blogging. I have some catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete