Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Friday, January 7, 2011

Love covers WHAT ???

I was brushing my teeth yesterday morning, when my thoughts went to a certain individual who is involved in a questionable relationship. (Stop sweating -- it's not you.) I began to formulate a prayer in my mind. Suddenly, these words stepped up center stage: Love covers a multitude of sins. The scripture in Peter's epistle reads "Charity covers, etc." because the Greek word "charity" means "love". So, ok, Lord, I thought how does this apply to my thoughts about this one who is in need of change? Here's what I learned through my search of the scriptures:

The Greek language has a number of different words translated "cover" in our English versions of the New Testament; but the word used in this passage of scripture means to purposely conceal or to keep from exposure. Talk about grace! Then the Lord reminded me that we are forgiven of our trespasses to the extent that we forgive others who have trespassed against us.

As I rinsed toothpaste from my mouth yesterday, I realized that the marvelous grace of God is to flow through me to this one in need. I am not to judge his actions, but to love. Hopefully, that demo of love will reap a harvest in his life. So enjoy love as you both receive and give.

No comments:

Post a Comment