Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh no -- not again

The weather report calls for another winter storm, starting tonight. Granted, we haven't gotten more than four inches (at least where I reside). Here's my logic:

Every time I fill the shovel with snow, I am lifting 8 to 10 inches of snow. Now, I not only lift it, but I have to carry it to a destination or pitch it, again to a destination -- out of the way. Here's another problem. If I pitch it, it doesn't always land on target. If I carry it, I face other threats -- like slipping or worse scenario, falling.

Now, while all this is taking place -- the shoveling, pitching, carrying, slipping, not to mention freezing and sweating, all at the same time -- the canine kids are on the tie-outs, watching (and enjoying) the show. As I huff and puff (with a smile, of course), the question arises in my inquiring mind. Why didn't God create the canine kingdom to be able to somehow help to remove the snow. That reminds me of a word of exhortation from my Nana when I was in my innocense: "Don't eat yellow snow."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny -

    We're expecting more of the white stuff Monday into Tuesday. I'm finding the plastic shovels are easier to handle than the metal ones. They're lighter.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a real blessing yesterday. Two neighbors shoveled me out. I have an antique shovel -- not very heavy.
    Blessings, Penny

    ReplyDelete