Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Writer's Journal

The writing efforts are bearing fruit. Several of my articles have been accepted for publication this month. I so appreciate all those who pray for me. I don't take that lightly. After being away from the craft, at least in this capacity for a time, there are many changes to get used to. There are questions. Will my overstuffed computer hold up until I am able to get a new one? Do my skills measure up to minister to today's culture -- for even the Christian culture has changed significantly. I surely do need Your favor, Lord. As I connect with other writers at conferences, writers' groups, etc., I am struck by the many local skilled writers who are out there. What can I possibly add, Lord? Yet, in my "knower" I know that You challenged me. I'll have to answer for any calling on my life that has been laid aside. Thus, a little poem that I wrote so many years ago has taken center stage. It was entitled "Not Write?" Writing isn't really the problem. The marketing is a constant challenge. I guess that's why I blog.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Penny on getting your blog online. I pray that it will be a blessing to many as they read that which the Lord has you share from the depths of your spirit, and wisdom.

    Blessings John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny -

    Congrats on the articles! Even though publishing changes by the minute, your gift will make room for you.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friend. I appreciate you and the insight the Lord has given you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Make sure and tell us when and where they are published.

    ReplyDelete