Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Monday, September 27, 2010

"...And Then There Was The Time...

...We decided to have a spaghetti dinner together at T's house. They invited the pastor and his wife, and I would bring Marian, my house guest from India. "I'll bring the sauce," I said. "Okay, I'll make the spaghetti," said Mrs. T, "and we can make ice cream too." I whipped up my famous Italian sauce, cooked it all day long, and proceeded to transport it to the T's house when -- whoops! Guess I took that curve a bit too fast! Not sure how it happened, but I heard the crock pot lid rattle, and over it went --spilling all over the floor in the back of the car. I pulled over but the damage had been done. Mr. T sucked the sauce off the floor (with a machine that does that stuff), and the pastor went to the store for a few jars of Ragu. Mrs. T's spaghetti could have fed the 28th National Guard! She had made 3 lb packages instead of 3 half lb. packages. Poor Marian. "I smelled it all day and never even got to taste it," she said.
PS -- The ice cream? Don't even ask.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Penny -

    Oh, no! What a mess that must have been.

    As my honorary niece would say, "you made a memory."

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a riot...well, not at the time though I'm sure. I can see your face as you went to look at the damage. Thank the Lord for machines that uh, "do that stuff" lol.

    ReplyDelete