Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Runaway Pooches

It wasn't their fault -- for a change. I fastened the canine kids to one of those double clasp thingees (don't know what they're called). Then I normally attach the thingee to a long lead from porch to yard. Well, I reckon I had a senior moment, cuz I let the pooches out the door (on the double strap) without attaching it to the lead. About 5 minutes later, a loud knock on the door caught me unawares. "Who's there?" I called. No answer. There I stood in robe and bare feet. Could it be son #2 who sometimes stops by in the morning? I peeked out the window. No, his truck wasn't there. I wonder why the dogs didn't bark? I opened the door a crack and spotted the young lady leaving the porch. "Did you knock, hon?" I asked. "Yes," she answered. "Did you know your dogs are loose? You don't usually let them loose, so I was worried." Bless her, Lord! The pooches, joined together, were romping around the side of the house with glee. The helpful neighbor retrieved them, and the pooches joyfully continued their capers in the living room. Thus, the start of another day with the brave little Bichons. Gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment