Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Friday, September 17, 2010

Comments on Thoughts About Guidance

I am publishing this post for friend, Tina Luce (Eyes of Faith ministry). Tina is visually impaired, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before she can navigate around my blog to insert her own comments. She sent this comment to me by e-mail. It is so insightful, coming from her perspective, that I just had to share it (with her permission). Thanks Tina!

"Perhaps the subject of divine guidance can be put in terms of the methodology that is often employed in the guiding of those that are visually impaired. One method is called "sighted guide" and it basically involves the blind person grasping the arm of the sighted guide who then remains one step ahead of the visually impaired individual. This insures close enough contact that will give the blind person warning of obstacles, ascending or
descending stairs and narrow passages. One step behind the Lord... not lagging behind and not straining too far forward.

"The same can be applied to the use of a dog guide. If I lag too far behind my dog, he/she is obliged to essentially drag me along and if I try to go ahead of the dog, he or she cannot warn me of oncoming traffic that I may not detect, holes in the sidewalk that could break something important or the edge of a train platform that could spell disaster if I overstepped it.

"The same is true in the guidance of our Lord. If we overstep or lag behind we are at cross-purposes with His will in our lives and will eventually be compelled to go around the mountain again.

When will we ever learn?"
Tina Luce
http://www.eyesoffaith.com/

Penny Comment:
I like the scripture, "I will guide thee with mine eye". Lord, may I stay near enough to see which way Your eye is looking. For Tina, may she keep her hand in the Hand of her Divine Guide.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny -

    Tina's comment was spot on.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Yes, Tina "sees" things that most of us don't. Have you checked out her website?
    Bless ya'!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete