Gateways To Growth and Maturity Through the Life of Esther

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Memory Lane


My Writer’s Journal has served as a “book of remembrance” that I open from time to time. I came across this entry today, which I had also published in my spring 1996 Newsletter. Walk down Memory Lane with me as you read:

“Lord, I never did like that sticky stuff! I wanted to be sure that Beau (my Dalmatian) didn’t strangle himself in the cord from the mini blind, so in my effort to move it, I got trapped in a strip of flypaper hanging from the ceiling. (Remember that stuff?) Now, that paper had hung there for a week and only caught three flies. How come it zapped me? There I was all dressed for church and wrapped in sticky, gooey stuff. I just couldn’t get it off my hands.

“Later, as I played my guitar for the worship service, a fly kept landing on my nose. I wonder why?”
 "You reminded me, Lord, that life sometimes gets “sticky.” We can get into situations that just won’t let go. But what I desire, Lord, is to get so close to You that You just can’t get me off Your hands. This road to intimacy with You began at the old gold chair on my knees in the dinky blue and white mobile home in the mountain. I was desperately crying out to You when You said, “I’ve been waiting to be gracious to you. I’ve heard your cry, and I’ll not hide from you any longer” (a word from Isaiah 30). That was the beginning of a wonderful romance. Thank You, Lord, for “sticking” by me.                                                                                                        Love, Penny"

No comments:

Post a Comment